The two women have been living “harmoniously” with the former Barcelona star since December at his £5million Rio de Janeiro mansion, according to reports.Ronaldinho started dating Beatriz in 2016, but continued his relationship with Priscilla, which began several years earlier.According to reports, both lovers receive an “allowance” of around £1,500 from the footballer to spend as they wish.He also reportedly always gives the two the exact same presents, including recently buying them the same perfume during a trip abroad together.Former World Player of the Year Ronaldinho asked both for their hands in marriage in January last year and gave them both engagement rings, according to Brazilian columnist Leo Dias.He will marry the two women at a private ceremony inside the Santa Monica condominium, in the upmarket Barra da Tijuca district in Rio, where he has lived since 2015, according to the columnist, from Brazil’s O Dia newspaper.The star’s sister, Deisi, who is against her brother’s polygamy, has already said she won’t be attending, according to Dias.Brazilian singer Jorge Vercillo, who is Ronaldinho’s neighbour, has reportedly been confirmed as responsible for the wedding music and one of many celebrity friends who will be attending the nuptials.The two women have been living “harmoniously” with the former Barcelona star since December at his £5million Rio de Janeiro mansion, according to reports. Photo. COURTESYBoth Priscilla and Beatriz are from Belo Horizonte, the city where the footballer played with Atletico Mineiro, leading the club to its first Copa Libertadores title in 2012.Although Ronaldinho has never publicly confirmed his relationship with the women, friends of the star reportedly treat them both as his fiancees, according to reports.He also travels with both women to almost every event he attends.In March this year, during a trip to Japan with his samba music band, he posted photos a video of himself with both women to his 32 million followers of his Instagram page.They also travelled with him to the Brazilian capital Brasilia a week later, where the footballer, who is believed to be considering a career in politics like fellow footballer Romario, joined centre-right party the Brazilian Republican Party (PRB).he party’s electoral number is 10 – the same as Ronaldinho’s Barcelona shirt.But party insiders have privately voiced concerns that Ronaldinho’s unorthodox lifestyle choices could harm his chances at the ballot box, according to reports.Last April family members of Priscilla were reportedly planning on confronting the star after reports emerged that she was one of Ronaldinho’s two lovers.A family friend told Brazil’s Extra newspaper: “They are upset because they discovered that every present he gives to Priscilla, he also gives to the other girl.”Claiming her family are concerned for Priscilla’s reputation, the friend said: “She is almost being fired from her job because of this.”–By The Mirror0Shares0000(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Ronaldinho ‘set to marry two women at same time after living with duo at his £5m Rio mansion’. Photo/COURTESYLONDON, United Kingdom, May 24 – Football legend Ronaldinho is to marry two women at the same time according to reports in Brazil.The Samba ace will reportedly tie the knot in August with his pair of “fiancees”, Priscilla Coelho and Beatriz Souza.
More From Roadshow 2020 Volvo XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered first drive: Almost Super Trouper 2021 Polestar 2 is Sweden’s sleek Tesla rival Volvo Share your voice “Naturally, our questions are anyway in a different realm, because with electric cars, you do not discuss high speed anymore that much. That is much more an element of the combustion-engine world. Even with Tesla, [you] have to look up the top speed. For us, it would be silly to announce it [limiting top speed], because really, it’s not a question that’s relevant to us as a brand.”Because of the way electric motors deliver power, with maximum torque output coming from zero rpm, the most sensational aspect of electric vehicle performance tends to be standing-start acceleration, like 0-to-60-mph tests. Top speeds aren’t discussed as often, in part because most EVs have single-speed transmissions that result in comparatively unspectacular velocities. Volvo has built its reputation on safety, and the company is doubling-down on that with the top-speed announcement, as well as revealing that it plans to research automatically limiting top speed in areas around schools and hospitals. While Polestar models will share much of Volvo’s safety knowhow, it will evidently not seek to wear that reputation on its sleeve. According to Ingenlath, Polestar is “a bit more expressive, a bit more daring, it’s a bit more, indeed, exclusive. Some people will like it, some people will not, and it is more driver-oriented.” 1:31 Now playing: Watch this: 50 Photos Electric Cars Volvo made waves on Monday when it announced that beginning next year, it will start phasing in a 112-mile-per-hour top speed on all of its vehicles. At the time, the Swedish automaker’s new electrified premium brand, Polestar, remained quiet on whether it plans to adopt the same policy. It will not.On Tuesday here at the Geneva Motor Show, I sat down with Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath after the debut of his company’s new Polestar 2 EV. He revealed, “We obviously will not do that, and that is a nice brand differentiator [from Volvo].” He continued, “we have not the wish within Polestar to actually dictate to somewhat speed he or she should drive.” According to Ingenlath, not only would limiting the v-max of its vehicles to such a low speed be contrary to the brand’s high-performance image, he thinks the discussion itself is almost beside the point with electric cars. The Polestar 2 EV is gorgeous in Geneva 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better 1 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous Tags Comment Polestar Volvo
Catholicism Hospital chaplains stick to the heart of the job amid health care industry changes Photos of the Week August 30, 2019 Jack Jenkins Jack Jenkins is a national reporter for RNS based in Washington, covering U.S. Catholics and the intersection of religion and politics.,Add Comment Click here to post a comment Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email News • Photos of the Week Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Share This! Share This! News Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,(RNS) — A series of leaked emails has revived a long-simmering scandal involving defrocked Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, providing new evidence that the former archbishop of Washington, D.C., was disciplined after allegations of sexual misconduct but was nevertheless allowed to travel and work under both Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis.The emails appear to confirm some of the claims made last year by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, a former Vatican diplomat to the U.S., but do not appear to corroborate allegations that Pope Francis was aware of the restrictions placed on McCarrick after he was accused of sleeping with seminarians.Last year, the pontiff took away McCarrick’s rank of cardinal and banned him from ministry in the wake of a separate allegation that McCarrick abused a minor decades before.This 1974 photo provided by a man who agreed to be identified only by his first name, James, shows him in California with Theodore McCarrick, a Roman Catholic priest who eventually became a cardinal. James says he was sexually abused for about two decades by McCarrick, who was removed from public ministry in June 2018 over separate child abuse allegations. (Family photo via AP)In one August 2008 message to Italian Archbishop Pietro Sambi, then the pope’s representative in the U.S., McCarrick said he was “ready to accept the Holy Father’s will in my regard.” He was referring a request from Italian Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re that McCarrick cancel his speaking engagements and move to a monastery. He contested the latter, suggesting that his sudden departure would cause “publicity,” which he said was “precisely what Cardinal Re is hoping to avoid.”The documents are the latest salvo in what at least one expert described as an internal “fight” over what happened in Washington, with a bevy of leaks, letters and reports painting an increasingly convoluted picture of who knew what, and when. It also puts additional pressure on Pope Francis, whose papacy has come under fire after the resurgence of the Catholic sex abuse scandal over the past year and a half.According to news first reported Tuesday (May 28) by the website Crux and by CBS News, Monsignor Anthony Figueiredo, a priest in Newark, N.J., who previously served as McCarrick’s secretary, revealed the letters and emails he said McCarrick wrote from 2008-2017. McCarrick served as Washington’s archbishop from 2001-2006.The correspondence provided by Figueiredo, who also served as McCarrick’s “go-between” and aide during trips to Rome for years, includes McCarrick fervently denying some of the allegations against him.“I have never had sexual relations with anyone,” McCarrick allegedly wrote in one letter to a senior Vatican official. McCarrick did, however, acknowledge that he shared his bed with seminarians, an act he called “an unfortunate lack of judgment.”“As the problems of sexual abuse began to surface, I realized this was imprudent and stupid and it stopped,” he wrote.Other 2008 emails from McCarrick to Figueiredo — which Crux reportedly confirmed originated from McCarrick’s account — include him describing how Re told the archbishop to resign from all positions in Rome or with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, and barred him from making any public appearances without permission.In this Sept. 23, 2015, file photo, Pope Francis reaches out to hug former Cardinal Archbishop emeritus Theodore McCarrick at the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle in Washington. (Jonathan Newton/The Washington Post via AP)But the documents suggest McCarrick began to defy prohibitions as time wore on, traveling to Rome (something he was also initially told not to do) on numerous occasions as well as countries around the world — particularly after the election of Pope Francis in 2013, when McCarrick traveled on behalf of the church.Francis has repeatedly denied that he knew anything about the Washington cleric’s situation before spring 2018, saying as much in a new interview published the same day as the documents.“I said it many times, I knew nothing, no idea,” Francis told Mexican journalist Valentina Alazraki.Massimo Faggioli, historian and theologian at Villanova University, said the documents do not indicate that Pope Francis was aware of the restrictions reportedly placed on McCarrick by Benedict.Faggioli said Francis’ willingness to make bold public statements regarding the scandal stands in stark contrast to other Vatican officials involved. He pointed out that Pope Benedict published a lengthy letter last month addressing the uptick in the sex abuse crisis but has not as of yet spoken out about the McCarrick incident.Archbishop Donald Wuerl of Washington, left, chats with his predecessor, Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, before an ordination Mass at Washington’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in 2007. RNS photo by Jay PremackThe letters appear to suggest that Cardinal Donald Wuerl, who replaced McCarrick as archbishop of Washington, was involved in implementing restrictions against McCarrick, despite initially denying to the media that he knew about the abuse charges at all. (Wuerl later backtracked, calling it a “lapse in memory.”)“What’s clear is that they are still fighting over Washington, D.C.,” Faggioli said. “The appointment of Wilton Gregory (who became archbishop of Washington earlier this month) has not put to rest the issue, because it seems to me they are still going after Cardinal Wuerl.”Meanwhile, the Vatican continues to conduct its own investigation into the matter. But Faggioli suggested that any final report from the church is unlikely to be comprehensive and that the real power to investigate likely lies with American journalists.“I would not expect the equivalent of the Mueller report on the McCarrick case,” he said. Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.,Citing inclusion of LGBT clerics, Anglican bishops in Africa to shun Lambeth Conferenc … By: Jack Jenkins jackmjenkins By: Jack Jenkins jackmjenkins By: Jack Jenkins jackmjenkins As Amazon burns, Vatican prepares for summit on region’s faith and sustainabilit … August 30, 2019 Share This! Share This! Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email,About the authorView All Posts Share This! TagsCarlo Maria Viganò clergy sexual abuse homepage featured Pope Benedict Pope Francis Theodore McCarrick Top Story Vigano,You may also like Instagram apostasy stirs controversy over Christian ‘influencers’ August 30, 2019 Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn ReddIt Email Jack Jenkins jackmjenkins
A Federal Court on Monday sentenced Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan — who was living in Houston at the time of his arrest in 2014– to 16 years in prison for plotting to leave the United States and join ISIS as a soldier and bomb-maker. According to court records the Iraqi-native was also trying to build a bomb for use in Texas. Share New images of alleged #Houston terror suspect Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan https://t.co/sVrfKdqWHK More on #KPRC2 @ 6p pic.twitter.com/PMZu47sec0— KPRC 2 Houston (@KPRC2) January 8, 2016After federal officials discovered Al Hardan had acquired manuals on circuitry and military circuitry, a federal informant met with him 17 times and learned that he planned an attack on a military facility in Grand Prairie, Texas. The convicted man also discussed how a mall could be bombed with the informant.Judge Lynn N. Hughes, of the U.S. Southern District of Federal District Court said that lying in an attempt to obtain a passport so the convicted man could join ISIS as a bomb-maker and soldier, is why he determined the sentence of 16 years. Making claims on social media, having and ISIS flag in his home, watching training videos on how to build a bomb, and obtaining five cell phones to use in detonating bombs was not why he was giving the 192 month sentence, which is guidelines of 51 to 71 months.Al Hardan arrived in the U.S. in 2009 and got his green card in 2011. Federal authorities began monitoring his activities in 2012.The judge called the sentencing process, “almost mechanical,” and said his decision was, “cold, rational, and a fully informed decision.”
Listen To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Gail Delaughter/Houston Public MediaA light rail train in front of Metro’s headquarters on Main Street. X We often hear Houstonians bemoan the fact that we don’t have more vibrant, comprehensive mass transit. But what can we do about it – besides complain?Well, for one, there’s a task force working on the problem long term – about 25 years ahead, in fact.The High Capacity Transit Task Force is examining a variety of transit service concepts that might be workable for Greater Houston by 2045, when the region’s population is projected to be more than ten million.The task force will present its recommendations at the Transit Policy Council meeting on Friday, Feb. 22, at 9:30 a.m. at 3555 Timmons Lane, 2nd floor, Room B.In the audio above, Houston City Council Member Amanda Edwards talks about the task force, the solutions it’s focusing on, and what she’s hearing from the public concerning its desires for future transportation services. 00:00 /21:22 Share
Kolkata: Panchayat election in West Bengal will be held on a single day on May 14, the State Election Commission (SEC) announced today. Earlier, the SEC had announced that the polling would be held in three phases on May 1, 2 and 5. The polling had to be deferred after opposition parties moved courts alleging violence and intimidation by the ruling party during the nomination process. “The panchayat election will be held on May 14,” a spokesman of the SEC told newsmen here.
Jhargram: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday said that reports about the starvation deaths in Jhargram district were absolutely untrue and that there were elaborate arrangements to provide food to the locals of the area.Addressing the administrative meeting held, she said: “There have been no starvation deaths in the district as the state government has been running several welfare schemes in the region which was once a Maoist bastion.” She said the state government is giving a kilogram of rice for Rs 2 to ensure that every person gets food. “Every person gets 8 kg rice and 3 kg wheat per month. However, I have come to know that people who don’t require the grains sell part of their quota in the open market,” she added. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeShe also directed the district administration to include the Sabars in the schemes under 100 days’ work. Sabar community is an ethnic tribe, mainly residing in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Bengal. Banerjee also expressed concern over the elephant-man conflict. Elephants are entering the district from nearby areas of Jharkhand and destroying crops. This has been happening for quite some time. The elephants use a pathway near Lalgarh forest. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedBanerjee has been asking the district administration for quite some time to take steps to stop the conflict. Many youths have been recruited to assist the Forest department as well. The Chief Minister asked the district administration to take up projects so that the beneficiaries become self-reliant. Self-Help Groups have been set up all over the state and they can be used for floriculture, cashew cultivation and fish cultivation. She said plates made out of saal leaves have tremendous potential and they can be kept even at the Biswa Bangla stores. “The Self-Help Groups are doing excellent work in many areas and if proper training can be given, they can do a miracle,” she said. It may be mentioned that in Nadia, some women belonging to those groups have become self-reliant by doing fish cultivation. The state Panchayat department has helped them to dig tanks where they are doing fish cultivation and selling their produce in the market. Banerjee urged the Panchayat members to work for the people. “Go to the people and listen to their grievances. Give them a patient hearing and then take up schemes to resolve the problems. We know all the problems cannot be solved but one should deal with them sympathetically.” It may be mentioned that in every party meeting, Banerjee is urging her party workers to go to the masses and work for them. “You cannot do politics from home. You will have to go to the people and talk to them,” was her advice to her party colleagues.